Hi everyone, I hope everyone is safe and had a good holiday. Today is the last day of 2016 so I might as well talk about it...
Yes, it sucked. Yes, a lot of bad or uncertain things happened. Yes, a lot of our icons passed away. But with all the bad I really haven't seen anyone talk about the good things that happened this year so I want to try to find the light in the darkness and talk about the things that made my year ok at least.
1. First of all, this year I think my art has notably improved. Here are a couple works I'm really proud of from this year.
Not only that but I started learning how to make 3d models and while I haven't posted photos, my miniature painting has also been getting better. I'm excited to see how much I create and improve in 2017. I also hope to start animating more.
2. I moved out! I felt this year I was financially stable enough to get my own apartment. It's totally a mess half the time but still. I'm proud that I made it this far.
3. Video Games! This year was pretty good for video games. DOOM, Inside, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, OneShot, Hyper Light Drifter, Enter the Gungeon, Death Road to Canada, Owlboy, Party Hard, Overwatch, Monster Hunter Generations. Plus I played a bunch of games that I really should have played sooner. The Hotline Miami series to be exact. Man that game is fantastic.
4. Shows! Gravity Falls ended this year but man what an ending. Such a fun series. Steven Universe had some great episodes, especially Last One Out of Beach City. We got Voltron this year and season 2 comes out in January! Stranger Things was a fun ride, I can't wait to see what all those actors do in the future. They're all great! Star Wars Rogue One was great and I need to watch West World.
5. Last but definitely not least. RPGS! Man was I a nerd this year. I've started a lot of fun campaigns with friends. Made some cool characters. Dungeon Mastered a few games. Learned how Roll20 works. And I fell in love with The Adventure Zone. Such a fun podcast. All the players are great. The NPCs are fun. And seeing Justin grow as a Dungeon Master and Story teller is great to see. I highly recommend listening to it. And if you have listened to rpg games before, give the first few episodes a chance. They don't know what they're doing at first and it can be distracting.
So yeah, that's my list of things that were pretty good this year.
Lastly with 2017 dawning on us I have a somewhat important announcement for January. I'm going to be overhauling my deviantart. I've had this account for ten years now and I think it's time for a bit of change. I'm going to change my account name for one. I am also going to be cleaning up my gallery. I'm going to remove a bunch of things. Stories I no longer update, drawings I'm either no longer proud of, stuff no longer relevant to my interests, or simply things I think that could be done better. I knew I was going to have to do this sooner or later but I feel like it's about time.
With that, happy new years everyone. Goodbye 2016, hello 2017. I love you all, thank you for all of your support.